Logan’s Run

After the Knoxville Symphony concert on Friday night, my wife and I walked to Market Square. A singing competition called CTE Goes Live was underway on the outdoor stage. CTE stands for Career Technical Education.

Students from fifteen Knox County high schools competed to win a Nashville recording session. The winner was someone we’ve known for a while: Logan Murrell of West High School.

A panel of judges was responsible for 90% of the decision. The remaining 10% was determined by having the audience vote via text message. After their individual performances, the female contestants sang “Call Me Maybe” as a group while holding cardboard cutouts of their faces. The same cutouts were distributed to their fans on Market Square.

 

Share
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.